Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following safety steps:
- Get fresh air immediately - open all doors and window to ventilate the room
- Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- Turn off the gas supply at the mains
- Call the National Gas Emergency number 0800 111 999
The Great British Bake Off - today Steve installed a brand new ILVE dual fuel cooker for a customer who tests the recipes for this show.